Tuesday, March 31, 2015

So I'm feeling a damn sight better today than I was last week (a good nights sleep is a beautiful thing and should be treasured) and I'm having another go at HTML. I still can't remember everything I used to the last time I used HTML but I'm finding codeacademy is a fantastic resource. I've already finished the first two lessons and I now remember/have been shown how to ad hyperlinks and embed images (along with the basic structuring of a HTML document). I am very keen on completing the HTML lessons from this website as I feel it is a shame to have spent time learning such a useful skill only to have it become so rusty; I think knowing HTML is a very useful skill to be able to bring to a workplace. I will try to finish the entire codeacademy section on HTML and CSS over the holiday, although as I have 4 essays due in at the end of my week off I may not have time...

I also need to have a go at Google mapping! But I'm hooked on codeacademy!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry about removing the comment: it had a typo and it would have driven me mental. Shame you can't edit post-posting. This is what it said...)
    That's great that you've been able to tap back into your HTML-ing skills! Codeacademy sounds like a useful resource. It's so easy to get hooked on these websites, isn't it! I've become quite a dedicated Trove text-fixer since learning about it a few weeks ago. But I can recommend the Google mapping - I tried it out in class today and had an excellent time reconstructing a road trip I had in the UK last year. So many memories, all added to little points on my map. I probably went a little overboard with it - it became like a blog post in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Codeacademy too! I think that part of it is being able to see what you are coding as you are doing it, and also the challenge factor. I love badges and trophies, and getting to the next level. It's a clever way to keep people engaged.

    ReplyDelete